All trips require registration and payment in advance (please complete the online reservation form). To ensure a space, we recommend making your reservation at least one week in advance.
REFUNDS & CANCELLATIONS
- Reservations are NON REFUNDABLE within two weeks of the scheduled trip date (Explorer Trips have unique cancellation policies that supersede this policy. Please see the trip page for details on those particular policies.)
- A full refund will be given for a cancellation with at least two weeks’ notice (national and international trips have separate policies), a 5% credit card fee may apply.
- A full trip credit will be given with one week’s notice.
- There is a $20/person change fee (plus difference in trip prices, if any) for any reschedule within one week of the trip but outside of the 24 hour period prior to the trip.
- If you cancel within 24 hours, then you have the option of finding your own replacement for the trip, but we can no longer offer a credit or refund.
- If a trip is rescheduled due to unsatisfactory snow/weather/trail/river conditions, full credit for the trip may be applied to any other trip for one year.
- Trip credits will be issued in the form of electronic coupon vouchers and assigned a single use dollar value. These coupon vouchers will be issued a unique voucher code and emailed directly to each unique participant.
- Please note: certain trips and events have specific restrictions on refunds and/or rescheduling. Please carefully read the full trip/event description for any special policies that apply.
SPECIAL GROUP CANCELLATION POLICIES
Due to the effort involved in planning large group events, we have a different policy in place that protects our efforts in building a great day for your team.
- Full payment is required upon reserving the event date.
- Full refund will be issued for cancellations that give 60 days notice prior to event date (less any non-refundable partner fees).
- Fifty percent refund will be issued (less any non-refundable partner fees) that give 30-59 days notice prior to event date.
- No refunds will be issued for cancellations within 30 days of event.
We reserve the right to make changes in the trip schedule as a result of weather or safety considerations or as otherwise deemed necessary or advisable. If your trip is cancelled due to weather, trail, or river conditions, or circumstances beyond our control, you will receive a full credit for a future trip, or you may transfer to the next available date for the event (refunds will not be given). All trip credits may be applied to any trip for one full year.
Credits will be issued via a voucher code issued after the scheduled event. That voucher code can then be used when registering for your next adventure with SAANO ADVENTURES.
“There is no bad weather—just unprepared people.” Light rain or merely a forecast of adverse weather will not affect the schedule. If a trip is rescheduled due to heavy rain, etc., we will notify you prior to the trip.
For winter day trips: if there is insufficient snow for snowshoeing or cross-country skiing, the trip will convert to a winter hike and we will notify you at least one (1) day in advance.
If your trip is cancelled due to weather, trail, or river conditions, you will receive a full credit for a future trip, or you may transfer to the next available date for the event.
POLICY FOR EXTENDED TRIPS: MULTI-DAY, EXPLORER ADVENTURES
For specific cancellation and refund policies related to extended trips (multi-day, or explorer trips), please refer to the trip description page for that trip. If you have any questions, please contact us, 415-890-5209.
We require all of our guest to obtain travel insurance for Explorer trips. This requirement is for your protection in case of flight delays, trip cancellation, emergency evacuations, repatriation, etc. If you do not show proof of travel insurance, we will assess a travel insurance fee from you and take out a policy for you.
Please note, most travel insurance providers require you to purchase a policy within two weeks of purchasing the trip.
We encourage you to purchase the transportation add-on. This allows the group to ride together, building camaraderie from the very start, and eliminating the stress of traffic and the potential for being left behind. There is limited space available in our vans, and reservations are first come, first served, therefore we encourage you to book your space in the van well in advance.
Our guides are the best you’ll find anywhere. If you had a great day or weekend with us, a tip would be most appreciated by the guide.
AGE GUIDELINES AND RESTRICTIONS
You must be at least 18 years of age to attend a trip that is listed on our public calendar. We are happy to put together custom trips for families and youth. To set up a custom trip please call our office or email us at email@example.com. If under 18 years of age, the parents or legal guardians must sign a liability waiver for the under aged participant prior to the trip departure.
All participants will be asked to sign a liability waiver before participating on any SAANO ADVENTURES trips. You don't have to sign the waiver, BUT YOU CAN NOT participate in any SAANO ADVENTURES activity without having signed it. Refunds are not given if you choose not to sign the waiver. For your convenience, we've attached a copy of the waiver here for you to review prior to registering for an event.
Once a spot opens up on our trip roster, we will notify the entire wait list. Once the wait list if notified, registration is also open to the public and is first come, first served.
When you complete your registration, you will receive an e-receipt immediately to your email address. On the Friday before the trip, you will receive a final confirmation by email and you will receive trip details and preparation suggestions. You can always view trip details by looking at the trip page on the website.