Rock Climbing - East Bay Classics
Rock Climbing - East Bay Classics
San Francisco (Bay Area), CA - Rock Climbing Instruction - Top Roping, Bouldering - SAANO Adventures
The East Bay provides access to a large variety of classic climbs, within just a short drive of downtown San Francisco. Today we'll share some of our favorite climbing areas with you.
If you have climbed in the past, and simply want to get outside and get a full day of climbing under your belt, or you've climbed before but need a quick refresher on the basics (note this is not a learn to climb day, but we will review the basics), this trip is for YOU!
Our team of professional guides are trained and certified by the American Mountain Guide Association (AMGA), to ensure that you're having the best experience, both fun and safe, possible.
Throughout the day we'll talk about the history of the area, and the pioneering climbers that made these routes possible for us today. We're likely to see incredible views of the ocean, the Bay Area or mountainous wilderness.
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
Professionally trained and certified climbing guides; park fees; climbing equipment (ropes, anchor systems, helmets, harness, shoes, belay devices), bouldering pads.
WHAT TO BRING:
Water (2-liters); lunch/snacks; tip for your guides; sunscreen; sun glasses; sun hat
WHAT TO WEAR:
Comfortable athletic clothing; sneakers (for when you're not climbing). If you have your own personal climbing/safety equipment bring it, if you need to borrow gear from us, just let us know your waist size (for the harness), and shoes size (for our magic climbing shoes)
PICK UP LOCATIONS:
Downtown San Francisco - Starbucks on Drumm St. (between California St. and Sacramento St.)
Downtown Berkeley - Starbucks on Shattuck St.
(between Kittredge St. and Allston Way)
The specific location for climbing will be determined based upon the group's climbing abilities and weather conditions. The East Bay provides access to many classic routes, just a short journey from one another.
If you've chosen the transportation add-on, please check the itinerary to the right, and plan to be 10 minutes early to your chosen pickup location (we will depart on time, with or without you)..
If you've chosen to drive yourself, then we'll send you driving directions and will meet you at the first location at 8:30AM.
- If the trip you'd like to reserve is out of stock, please follow this link and put yourself on the wait list. If a spot opens up, we'll notify you immediately.
- A portion of the fees for each reservation is given to the parks department for conservation and sustainability. We appreciate your willingness to be a part of the effort to conserve our wild resources so that others can enjoy them after us.
- 7:40 AM - Departure from downtown San Francisco; pick up at Starbucks on Drumm Street (between California St. and Sacramento St.)
- 8:00 AM - (for those riding in the van from Downtown Berkeley - Bart Station) - Check-in; gear check; load the van
- 8:15 AM - Depart for first stop on the East Bay Classics Climbing Tour
- 8:30 AM - Arrive at the climbing area; check-in (for those driving to meet); final gear check.
- 8:45 AM - Safety talk; climbing introductions; climbing
- 8:45 AM-4:00 PM - Climbing 1-2 hours at each location, then driving the 5-10 minutes to the next climbing location
- 4:00 PM - Wrap up; clean our climbing site; load vans
- 4:30 PM - Departure for the Downtown Berkeley Bart Station.
- 6:00 PM - Estimated return time to San Francisco