Rock Climbing Basics
Rock Climbing Basics
San Francisco (Bay Area), Los Angeles, San Diego, CA - Rock Climbing Instruction - Top Rope Climbing - SAANO Adventures
If you are new to climbing, or have climbed before but need to review the basics, this is the trip for you!
We provide all the tools and equipment you need to become a proficient, competent and confident rock climber. We will teach you the basics of proper knots, belay techniques, hand and foot work. We will talk about body positioning and balance. You will learn to climb safely, proper etiquette while climbing outdoors (we do things differently outdoors than in the gym, this is an important concept), and how to identify un-safe situations to protect yourself and your climbing partners.
Our team of professional guides are trained and certified by the American Mountain Guide Association (AMGA), to ensure that you're having the best educational experience, both fun and safe, possible.
Throughout the day we'll talk about the history of the area, and the pioneering climbers that made these routes possible for us today. We're likely to see incredible views of the ocean, the Bay Area or mountainous wilderness.
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
Professionally trained and certified rock climbing guides; park fees; climbing equipment (ropes, anchor systems, helmets, harness, shoes, belay devices)
WHAT TO BRING:
Water (2-liters); lunch/snacks; tip for your guides; sunscreen; sun glasses; sun hat
WHAT TO WEAR:
Comfortable athletic clothing; sneakers (for when you're not climbing). If you have your own personal climbing/safety equipment bring it, if you need to borrow gear from us, just let us know your waist size (for the harness), and shoes size (for our magic climbing shoes)
PICK UP LOCATION:
Downtown San Francisco - Starbucks on Drumm St. (between California St. and Sacramento St.)
We'll be heading into the Castle Rock State Park, approximately 60 minutes from San Francisco.
If you've chosen the transportation add-on, then we'll be departing at 7:00AM.
If you've chosen to drive yourself, then we'll send you driving directions and will meet you at the cliffs at 8:00AM.
- If the trip you'd like to reserve is out of stock, please follow this link and put yourself on the wait list. If a spot opens up, we'll notify you immediately.
- A portion of the fees for each reservation is given to the parks department for conservation and sustainability. We appreciate your willingness to be a part of the effort to conserve our wild resources so that others can enjoy them after us.
- 6:45 AM (for those riding in the van) - Check-in; gear check; load the van.
- 7:00 AM - Depart for the cliffs.
- 8:00 AM - Arrive at the climbing area; check-in (for those driving to meet); final gear check.
- 8:15 AM - Safety talk; LNT; climbing introductions and overview; outdoor ethics; climbing/belaying
- 4:00 PM - Wrap up; clean our climbing site; load vans
- 4:30 PM - Departure for the city.
- 5:30 PM - Estimated return time to San Francisco
*Any changes to the departure time will be communicated in advance of the trip date.