Photography Class and Hike
Photography Class and Hike
This event is available for private bookings, please contact us for available dates and custom itineraries.
Presidio Park is both rich in history and diverse in landscapes, and just a short drive from downtown San Francisco. Today's walking photography class takes us to unmatched views of the Golden Gate Bridge, the San Francisco skyline and the Pacific Coast. Your trail guide will lead you to endless vistas, and with cameras in hand, our photography instructor will take you on a journey through your SLR camera. We'll work on composition, understanding and capturing light, balancing aperture, white balance, and shutter speed. The first thing you'll do is to take your camera out of automatic, and put it into manual settings mode.
Our photography instructor has an incredible ability to teach new skills to both novice and experienced photographers alike. Our team of professional guides are trained to ensure that you're having the best experience, both fun and safe, possible.
This is a hands-on, hiking photography class. While our focus for the day will be to better understand our cameras and capture great images, we will be hiking up to 5 miles throughout the day. The trails we choose for this adventure are not strenuous, but it will be good for you to have a strap for your camera so that you can hike with your hands free for balance when we're not taking photos. We will work individually, as well as in small groups, to both set up and practice taking great shots. Getting to know your camera's functionality and putting that knowledge into practice under the watchful eye of an instructor, will give you the tools you need to capture and share memories for many years to come.
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
Professionally trained backcountry guides; park fees; professional photography instructor/instruction
WHAT TO BRING:
Backpack with water (2-liters); lunch/snacks; tip for your guides/instructors; sunscreen; sun glasses; sun hat
WHAT TO WEAR:
Comfortable athletic clothing; hiking sneakers or boots; weather appropriate clothing (layers)
PICK UP LOCATION:
Downtown San Francisco - TBD (Must be arranged prior to booking)
We will be hiking in the Presidio Park Trust area.
- This event is offered on a private basis only, dates must be pre-arranged.
- Please contact the office via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call (415-890-5209) to make private booking arrangements.
- A portion of the fees for each reservation is given to the parks department for conservation and sustainability. We appreciate your willingness to be a part of the effort to conserve our wild resources so that others can enjoy them after us.
- 8:30 AM (Pre-arranged transportation from downtown SF) - (additional fees apply)
- 8:45 AM - Depart for the trailhead.
- 9:00 AM - Estimated arrival at the trailhead; check-in; final gear check.
- 9:15 AM - Safety talk; Leave No Trace
- 9:30 AM - Begin photography class/hike
- 2:30 PM - Return to trail head; load vans
- 3:00 PM - Estimated return time to downtown San Francisco
*If you'd like to arrange your own transport, please let us know, and we'll send you driving directions.