Hiking - Full Day
Hiking - Full Day
This event is available for private bookings, please contact us for available dates and custom itineraries.
This trip takes us on an 11 mile stretch of Marin wilderness, lined with redwoods, firs, madrone, and manzanita (amongst others). We'll climb and descend roughly 2000 feet of terrain throughout the day's journey. Come prepared, thoroughly rested and ready for a fun day of hiking.
We'll keep a steady pace throughout the hike, stopping for water and snack breaks along the trail as needed. Our lunch will be alongside a pristine mountain lake, used as a reservoir for Marin County's water supply. The views are incredible, the streams pristine, and the mountain air will cleanse your lungs of the city smog.
Our team of professional guides are trained to ensure that you're having the best experience, both fun and safe, possible.
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
Professionally trained backcountry guides; park fees.
WHAT TO BRING:
Water (3-liters); lunch/snacks; tip for your guides; sunscreen; sun glasses; sun hat
WHAT TO WEAR:
Comfortable, weather appropriate hiking or athletic clothing; sneakers
PICK UP LOCATION:
Downtown San Francisco - Starbucks on Drumm St. (between California St. and Sacramento St.)
The specific location today's hike will be determined based upon the weather and trail conditions. Our favorite hiking locations are within 1.5 hours drive of downtown San Francisco.
If you've chosen the transportation add-on, then we'll be departing at 8:00AM.
If you've chosen to drive yourself, then we'll send you driving directions and will meet you at the trailhead at a predetermined time emailed to you along with driving directions the Friday immediately prior to the trip.
- If the trip you'd like to reserve is out of stock, please follow this link and put yourself on the wait list. If a spot opens up, we'll notify you immediately.
- A portion of the fees for each reservation is given to the parks department for conservation and sustainability. We appreciate your willingness to be a part of the effort to conserve our wild resources so that others can enjoy them after us.
- 7:45 AM (for those riding in the van) - Check-in; gear check; load the van.
- 8:00 AM - Depart for the trailhead.
- 9:00 AM - Estimated arrival at the trailhead; check-in (for those driving to meet); final gear check.
- 9:15 AM - Safety talk; Leave No Trace
- 4:15 PM - Return to trail head; load vans
- 4:30 PM - Departure for the city.
- 6:00 PM - Estimated return time to San Francisco
*The departure time may change if you chose the transportation option, depending on where we're hiking for the day. Any changes to the departure time will be communicated in advance of the trip date.